Image Map

Monday, November 12, 2012

My Little Texans!

Last night the temperature dropped, a LOT.  It was in the high 30's this morning,  but it was up about 60 degrees by recess time.   Beautiful sunny weather.  My class was blown away that we would go out when it was SOOOO COLD.   They came dressed in heavy coats, hats, mittens,  and earmuffs!  As a Michigan girl,  this still cracks me up.  

I know I have mentioned it before,  but I seriously have the best class ever this year!  I love them so much.   They work so hard and have the sweetest hearts.   I am one blessed teacher.  Today we got our beautiful new rug from Donor's Choose and they were so excited.   They rolled all over it,  it was like Christmas in our room.   I will post some pictures tomorrow,  I had to leave early today for a pre-surgery appointment or I would have taken some today.

Today we used my Veterans Day unit and focused on appreciating the ones who have given up so much for us.   I cannot help but get teary eyed when talking about Veterans,  and my class is getting used to their teacher being a weepy mess,  but I was so touched to see that my little friends were also tearing up as we read The Wall.  So touched and proud.  Our boxes of donations for the VA hospital are starting to fill up and we are getting excited about sending them on.   I can't wait.   I think my awesome team and I are going to pack it up and go together to deliver it.   I wish we could make it into a field trip for the kids!

I put together some of my favorite activities to go along with our The Mitten unit -  we will do it after Christmas.   I am excited about it.  I am a HUGE fan of Debbie Miller and her books Reading with Meaning and Teaching with Intention.   I use it as sort of a bible in my classroom so many of the ideas were inspired by her.   Give it a look if you get a chance.




Have a fabulous Tuesday!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heidi! I love your comment about your little Texans! I am totally with the kids on bundling up for 60 degrees. We just don't have the bodies for it down here, when it's in the 80's and 70's that's cool enough! I love your blog! I was going to ask you how do you get that little slideshow that links to your TPT store? I've seen those and have no clue how to do that. I'm not a big techy gal...but I try! Also, I've seen that font that you used in your mitten activity, the one that has the hearts for the dots on the "i"s, what is it called? I love it! Oh and I'm your newest follower!

    Best,
    Dixie
    Teachin' Little Texans

    ReplyDelete