Image Map

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Holy Lamination Batman - but I love these!

I don't know about you,  but constantly writing all my objectives on the board with the correct standard verbage is a real thorn in my side.  I understand it,  I do,   I think it is a good idea,  but I write big, especially with an expo marker,  and I could really use up the WHOLE board.   So I found these - made by Dixie at Teachin' Little Texans and knew I had to have them!  They are the TEKS because I work in Texas and we have our own standards... which is another thorn in my side,  but I digress.

I am not going to lie... they took a lot of ink, and a LOT of lamination (and cutting and magnets), I guess I could have also just printed them in black and white and printed them on different colored paper, but I love the colors and I am so happy with the end result!  They are full of chevron-y cuteness (she also sells them in other designs), and now I can just flap them up against my board and be done!  Amen!   And I can use them as long as I am teaching second grade in Texas.   She even made sure all the math TEKS were updated (which must have been a pain since so many of them have changed!).   Love them! 

What do you do to make objective writing easier?





 

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, as I'm updating products with TEKS and CCSS Alignment...I'm realizing there are a ton more TEKS than Common Core standards and they are MUCH more specific!!!

    Deniece

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That absolutely are! It is crazy!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. Thorn in my side, too, girl. I hope I'm not jinxing us, but we are not required to post our TEKS in our classrooms. These cards are awesomeness, though. :)

    -Gayla
    Teach On.

    ReplyDelete