Image Map

Thursday, October 3, 2013

My kids are so much smarter than I am....

So today began test-apalooza in second grade.   We pretty much have a test in every subject in the next few days.   Today was math.  We are doing Investigations in math this year,  so very hands-on,  very manipulative based.   It is a new plan for us,  and has taken some adjustment.   I like it,   but the testing is very different.   Maybe good different,  but very time consuming different.    The kids are supposed to work problems and explain how they came up with their anwers.  Kids love to answer things like,  "it just popped into my brain",  or "I just know it",  "I used my brain", etc., so I have been working on trying to stretch out their answers.  One of my peeps was working and using fingers to count.   I asked if they could be a little more specific... and this is what I got...


Amen.
Pin It!

2 comments: