Image Map

Friday, December 6, 2013

Five For Friday!

I have been MIA from my blog the past few weeks or so.    Things have been crazy here.   But tonight I decided to link up withe the Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday.   


Today we had an ICE DAY!  The city of Dallas and the surrounding areas are covered in 3 inches of ice.  We are more or less trapped inside. It could not have been better timing for our family.   Yesterday we had a memorial service for my father in law.   He was such an incredible and wonderful man.   We all loved him so very much and he was taken from us very quickly.   We are all having a very hard time, so having today to snuggle and play and cry together has been healing.  I will miss this man for the rest of my life.  I am so blessed to have had him as my father in law and "Papa" to my babies.   

I was only really at school this week on Tuesday and Wednesday.   Strangely,  Wednesday was 80 degrees.  The kids were complaining of being hot at recess!  LOL!   Of course,  I chose this day to try a new natural deodorant.   Ummmm.... I do NOT recommend this to anyone.   I smelled like a spicy hobo, and ended up slapping Purell under my arms at some point of the day.  I loved the smell of this stuff when I bought it, but combined with me...Epic Fail.   To be fair,  I did not reapply it throughout the day as people suggested.  

Today my son Alex,  decided to try his skates out in the street.  We had THAT MUCH ice.   

My daughter Eden, decided to take it easy.   This is what she decided to wear.
We spent time eating chili,  drinking hot chocolate, sitting by the fire and taking selfies!  LOL!



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through the linky and I am your newest follower. I also teach second grade in Louisiana. Actually I am in Bossier, which is only about 2 1/2 hours from Dallas. I know what you mean about being hot one day and freezing the next. We didn't get any ice/snow but the temps did drop a lot. That is just how the weather goes in the south I guess. I would love for you to stop by and check out my blog if you get a chance. I can't wait to read more post. Thanks for sharing!!!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower ~ I found you through the Friday linky. We had 70 degree days earlier this week here in NOVA and today was snow & ice and now no school tomorrow. That's our crazy weather.
    ~ Kristin
    Thisoldartroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete